A couple of years ago while we celebrated my Mothers birthday at the local Veterans Hall, I snapped a photo of three of our princesses and I decided this year to paint my version of that photo.
The sketch was drawn on the canvas where it sat for maybe 6 months or more. My RA flaring and a bout of flu (despite having the shot) stopped me from much. Once I felt better I was not sure which art medium direction I wanted to use on this piece. Finally, Ideciding and beginning with water color pencils.
Once coloring with the pencils & water was completed, the result wasn’t satisfying to me, so out came the blendable water based ink pens. Wella! I LOVED the ink atop the color pencils, it blended so very nicely. Somewhere along the line I made the decision to change the look of the flag instead of literal but more whimsical and addedstitching, I know the stitching idea came from my quilting friends & family.
Next the medium for the flag acrylics, I decided to go with a visual of hopes and dreams….floating & swirling for our Princesses. I am not finished this piece. It still needs a touch or two more but I don’t know what yet. So until I do it will be placed prominently in my studio until that, “Wella!” Moment occurs.👩🏽🎨🎨😉